If you’re bored with your home decor, there are some quick and easy fixes that ignite your passion for your home once again.
- Create a wall gallery with the picture frames you may have lying around your house. Run a straight line with some tape. This will serve as a reference point: you can align the topmost part of each frame with the tape so they’re arranged horizontally. Alternatively, you can also arrange them vertically depending on your preference.
- Rotate your coffee table pieces. This should rekindle your passion for books. Leave some books open to your favourite pages for easier accessibility.
- Rearrange your display shelves. Remove all the decor first so you can dust off your shelves before you put different vases, paintings, bowls or other decor on them. You can also arrange your books as you see fit.
- Splurge on a new shower curtain to uplift your bathroom decor. A large-scale graphic curtain can have a profound effect on your bathroom’s aesthetics. Alternatively, a clear plastic curtain can open up the room.
- Paint something a bold, bright colour. If you deem a wall or a piece of furniture is no longer appealing, spice things up by giving it a fresh coat of paint. Let your personal taste shine through.
- Swap around a mirror. The one over the powder room sink may look better over your dresser and vice-versa. Whatever the case, feel free to swap mirrors around for a different feel.
- Clear the clutter off your kitchen worktops. Try taking a minimalist approach here: the fewer items on your kitchen worktop, the cleaner it looks. Bare essentials such as a coffee maker, small lamp, and toaster oven should suffice. Stow your other items somewhere else.