Here is a list of some good ideas for home improvement projects:
- A screened room or porch to help you enjoy the outdoors all year round, in all seasons.
- Convert your garage in an amazing master suite or guest house.
- Have an in-ground swimming pool installed, something we can really make use of in Australia with our good weather.
- Make your kitchen a gourmet, chef’s kitchen, this will add monetary value to your home as well.
- Hang some artwork or photos to personalise your home and create your own home gallery.
- Convert your balcony into an outdoor entertainment area. Add some potted plants, lighting, and outdoor furniture so you can wine and dine al fresco style with your guests anytime you want.
- If you have ample space in your front or backyard, try growing a vegetable garden so you can source your own fresh produce at home. If your soil conditions aren’t that great, consider getting raised garden beds instead.
- Do you work from home? Spruce up your home office space to help increase your productivity.
- If your spare room has become an indoor junkyard, take out the clutter and transform it into a guest room so you can accommodate your visitors.
- Organise your garage and maximise the space with storage solutions such as a pegboard and shelving.
An easy and affordable addition to your home this year should be screens to keep bugs out, keep your home cool and provide shade from the sun.