It’s time to start preparing for the holidays and that means getting your home ready for all the entertaining you’re probably going to be doing.
One of the most important things to do is making sure your home feels festive. Add some Christmas cheer with decorations and a tree but don’t forget, the sense of smell is as important as sight. So why not add some scented candles around the house, cinnamon, oranges with cloves, are just some of the scents that can add that Christmas feeling to your home.
Here are five more useful tips to help you make your home holiday-ready:
- Mind your exteriors. Hang a Christmas wreath on your front door or Christmas lights on your fence, gate or windows. If you have a garden or backyard, don’t forget to put some Christmas decors on them too. These outdoor Christmas decorations can instantly make your guests feel at ease and cheerful even before they step foot inside your home.
- It’s all in the details. Seemingly small details and accents—like Christmas-themed table napkins, door knob decors or a table centrepiece—can complement your more extravagant Christmas decorations inside your house.
- Play Christmas songs in the background. Give your guests a cheerful auditory experience when they’re inside your home by playing some soft, Christmas songs during their visit.
- Stock up your bathroom and powder room with essentials. Make sure the areas frequented by your guests—i.e., bathrooms and powder room—have enough supply of hand soaps, lotions, sanitisers, and hand towels. If you have a Christmas-themed bathroom kit, bring it out and impress your guests with your consistent holiday aesthetic.
- Safety first. Don’t let your Christmas lights, garlands and decors ruin the fun of your Christmas parties! If you’re planning to decorate your doorways and other high-traffic areas with Christmas lights, secure them with hooks or heavy-duty transparent tape. Keep electrical wires in place with electric tape to prevent any trips and falls.
With our hot summer days ahead, entertaining is probably going to become more common around the holidays so its important to ensure that our family and friends are safe and can enjoy themselves. Have your home protected against the insects that invade every summer by having your windows and doors screened.
For more ideas visit http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2015/11/prepare-home-for-holidays.html