If you’re considering undertaking some home improvement soon, there are a few pitfalls you’ll want to avoid. Here are the 5 most common mistakes made by home owners,
- Underestimating the budget. Sometimes additional expenses cannot be avoided but get at least 3 quotes before going with a contractor.
- Failure to understand the complexity of a project. Customers often don’t realise how complex a project may be. Make sure you do your research first.
- Employing the wrong tradesperson. Again do your research to find an honest and dependable person and keep the lines of communication open.
- Underestimating the time-line of a project. Keep in mind the length of the project is connected to its complexity and sometimes unexpected issues may arise that the delay the project.
- Homeowners taking on work that should be done by professionals. In the long run you’ll end up costing yourself more money.