- Have it professionally cleaned, particularly the outside. Wash your walls, clean your gutters, and hire a professional gardener for best results.
- D-I-Y clean as well, declutter and dust even those hard to reach places. These include doors, skirting boards, wash walls, and cupboards.
- Pay attention to your entryway. It gives the first impression of your home, so it should be a good one. Adding potted plants, a new doormat, corral bags, eye-catching wall hooks, and a pendant light can help you transform your entryway.
- Style your home simply, this is easier for potential buyers to process. Too much decor can overwhelm them and make your house look less appealing. You need to discern which decor you’ll get and carefully plan where you’ll place them. Adding a potted plant, a few coffee table items, and cushions with interesting patterns will make your home come to life without draining your wallet.
- Make good use of the space and plan your space properly. Decluttering, choosing a cool colour scheme, and utilising space-saving furniture will allow you to maximise your space and make it look bigger.
- Pay attention to the lighting with a good mix of mood and task lighting. Dimmable lights allow you to adjust the ambience of the room anytime.
- Walls and floors. A fresh coat of paint can brighten up the space. Sand and stain timber floors using a lime wash. Replace worn-out carpets with neutral-coloured rugs which mesh well with most furnishings.
- Small details such as the hardware of cupboards can have a massive impact. Replace cabinet knobs and light fixtures with more modern-looking alternatives.
- Hire a professional property stylist who can offer advice on a wide range of topics, including colour schemes and furniture placement. Applying these tips can increase your chances of designing a home with a greater success rate of attracting potential buyers.
Also don’t forget about the practical appeal of your home, having insect screens in place, over doors and windows will mean the buyer won’t have to be bothered by insects, this is a selling point you can use.