Selling your home is probably one of the more stressful things you’ll do in your life, but you can take away some of the hassle by following these tops from an interior design expert, Sarah Elshaug,
- Have it professionally cleaned, particularly the outside.
- D-I-Y clean as well, declutter and dust even those hard to reach places.
- Pay attention to your entry way. It gives the first impression, so it should be a good one.
- Style your home simply, this is easier for potential buyers to process.
- Make good use of the space and plan your space properly.
- Pay attention to the lighting with a good mix of mood and task lighting.
- Walls and floors. A fresh coat of paint can brighten up the space.
- Small details such as hardware of cupboards can have a massive impact.
Also don’t forget about the practical appeal of your home, having insect screens in place, over doors and windows will mean the buyer won’t have to be bothered by insects, this is a selling point you can use.