We’re lucky here in most parts of Australia to enjoy sunshine almost all year round. That means its always a good time for a barbecue. And if your a vegetarian or vegan, that doesn’t mean your only option is barbecued corn, here is a really delicious recipe you can try, found on The Telegraph’s website.
The Really Hungry Vegetarian Burger
- olive oil
- 6 big Portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 × 400g tin of haricot or cannellini beans, well drained
- 4 fat Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- a small bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 200g cooked and cooled brown rice (100g uncooked weight)
- 50g breadcrumbs or oats
- the grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
Served with avocado, tomato relish, pickled cucumber, a few handfuls of spinach leaves and seeded burger buns.
For the method, click here.