In Blog

A mum in North Carolina is encouraging parents to pay attention to their kids insect bites after her six year son almost died from a mosquito bite.

After the bite the child began crying and complaining of a headache which pain  medication seemed to solve until the next morning when the pain returned – however this time he wasn’t responding and his lips went blue and he suffered a seizure.

A spinal tap showed the boy had La Crosse encephalitis (LACV), which is a virus caused by mosquito bites in some areas of the United States. The virus causes fluid to build up around the brain and can cause symptoms such as fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, and tiredness.

It can cause seizures, coma and paralysis. Make sure your children are protected, at home with insect screens and a good, natural insect repellent when outdoors.

Source: https://www.kidspot.com.au/baby/real-life/in-the-news/how-an-ordinary-insect-bite-almost-killed-my-6yearold-son/news-story/cbcc7fc433954cc91f5696ad065879f8

Recommended Posts