Here are some of the coolest apps for those people who can’t get enough of D-I-Y home improvement.
- Houzz: Draw inspiration from a community of interior design aficionados, architects, eager D-I-Yers, and homeowners seeking to make a difference in their living environment.
- MagicPlan: Helps get you through the planning stages of your project. Without a floor plan, your remodeling project doesn’t have a solid foundation. This app utilises photos of your home to calibrate your floor plan.
- Handyman Calculator: A free app to do all those calculations, which include loans, to-do lists, square footage, paint, and construction material. This handy app helps you to keep track of your DIY budget with ease.
- Wiser Home: This app helps boost your energy efficiency and minimise your utility bills.
- TapPainter: Upload a photo of your room and start mixing paint colours you’d like to apply on its walls. This app will process the colours, consider factors such as your room layout and lighting, and give a preview of your room’s new look
- iFixit: This app guides you through various D-I-Y repair and maintenance situations, including those for furniture and appliances. It even has an online store which sells tools you’ll need for your D-I-Y projects.
- SnapGuide: A helpful guide particularly useful for first-time D-I-Yers who want to take on those home improvement projects. Its detailed directions, thorough guides, and full-page photos will help any newbie D-I-Yer to get started on the right foot.