Do you want to boost the value of your home without putting in too much of an investment? It is possible with some thought, a little effort and some elbow grease.
Some of the most simple ways to add value to your home is aesthetically, for example adding decorative mouldings or plate rails to the walls. These are affordable and if you’re in the mood for a weekend project you can do them yourself. These little architectural touches can make the world of difference.
Here are several simple ways to enhance the aesthetic and add value to your home:
- Shop from vintage stores. These shops sell second-hand furniture and interesting decorations such as framed paintings and old-school lamps which can liven up your living space.
- Update your furniture. Sofa slip covers, new furniture seat cushions, and new pillows can give your home a fresh new look without breaking the bank.
- Paint accent walls. Instead of replacing the entire colour of your walls, paint one wall in each room with a bright colour. Doing this will liven up your surroundings and make your rooms look bigger.
- Create the illusion of more space with mirrors. Adding mirrors to your walls will make a tiny space appear bigger.
- Be creative with shelving. Hanging shelves and wall shelves can accommodate various items such as books, vases, and collectibles while helping you save floor space, too.
- Upgrade your lighting. When you place several lamps in strategic areas, you give a room more dimension and increase your comfort and efficiency as well.
Also in Australia where flies, mosquitoes and insects can become a real problem in summer, having screen doors installed is a major drawcard when you want to sell. They add alot of value at an affordable price.