The warmer months are upon us once again! If you plan to spend more time outdoors to cool down and fully enjoy what Mother Nature offers, then consider sprucing up your outdoor living spaces as well. Don’t know where to begin? Check out these ideas for inspiration!
1. Think fresh. Give your space a fresh feel by sticking to a monochromatic palette. With a simple palette there’s no need for fuss or overdoing it, but the impact will be spectacular.
2. If you want a cheerful feel, give a simple outdoor space impact with a punch of colour as well as patterns on cushions etc.
3. Make it cosy. Achieve a sense of privacy in an urban space by enclosing it with a tall wooden fence and painting it in a neutral colour to blend in with the rest of the space.
4. Retain the essentials. Imagine your usual get-together space with your mates, only without walls. Place a wicker table and beach umbrella, then install a fire pit and you’re all set.
5. Make it relaxing. Hanging some Chinese lanterns and placing potted plants, a day bed, and a makeshift coffee table (preferably one of your indoor trunks) will make your outdoor lounge your favourite relaxation area of your house, yet.
6. Think of a garden party. While you can have any theme you want for a garden party, try following some basics: include weather-resistant furniture, sun protection, and a solid base for your table set-up.
7. Use red to your advantage. Make your patio elegant by adding a touch of red to your drum shade or chair cushions.
8. Make your lounge area comfy and functional. If you have a rattan couch in your patio, add some colourful plush pillows and hang several glass lanterns to create a lounge area where you can read books and have coffee with your guests.
9. Complement the seaside view. If you live near the ocean, set up a picnic table with a seaside theme accentuated by blue hydrangeas and fish motif on linens.
10. Swing away. Give your patio a fun, child-like twist by installing a swing. Simply hang a seat bench along the edge of your wooden deck. It’s a great way to relax and soak in the scenery.
11. Cover up. No outdoor awning? No problem! Use a white fabric canopy to protect you and your guests from the harsh outdoor sun.
12. Laze in the shade. If you have trees in your backyard, try setting up a hammock so you can laze as you please.
For more ideas go to: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/outdoor-living/outdoor-decor