Although this time of the year is great for getting outside and enjoying nature there is one drawback, nasty insects are also out and about in their drones during this weather.
Whether it be the creeping, flying, biting, stinging, blood-sucking or crawling type, insects can ruin a day outdoors.
So what should you do?
- Cover as much of your skin as possible.
- Wear neutral colours.
- Avoid scented soaps, lotions and shampoos.
- Wear a good insect repellent.
- Always keep repellent in your car.
- Avoid stagnant water wherever possible.
- Mosquitoes like dawn and twilight hours, so avoid these if possible.
- Children are more vulnerable, make sure they are protected with repellent and covered up with clothing.
- Always check yourself and children for bites when you return home, especially tick bites.
- Try not to scratch if you are bitten.
And to protect yourself at home, make sure you have Freedom Screens covering your doors and windows.