Here are a few tips to get you on your way to a more comfy living space.
1. Add storage. Opt for bookcases, shelves and other storage solutions because most rental homes don’t have enough closet space.
2. Change the hardware, especially if it’s basic and you want something more stylish but don’t throw away the originals, swap them back before you move out.
3. Lose the vertical blinds to avoid that sterile hospital look.
4. Line your cabinets. This is for an aesthetic and a practical reason, they prevent glassware from chipping.
5. Go to town on accessories, this is how you can add your personal touch to a rental space.
6. Avoid wallpaper. It takes a significant amount of time and effort to clean and make walls wallpaper-ready. This can be very inconvenient especially if you’re planning to move out someday, anyway.
7. Hang artwork on your walls. Even a single statement piece can make a massive impact.
8. Invest in rugs. They cover up damaged or stained flooring and minimise noise made on wooden floors. They’re also easy to pack up when you’re planning to move out.
9. Choose good lighting to make your rental home more welcoming to your guests and visitors.
10. Use potted plants to your advantage. These will give your rental space that relaxing, urban garden vibe.
For more ideas for decorating your rental, head to: https://www.realestate.com.au/lifestyle/rental-decorating-ideas/