It’s a new year and if starting out in a new home is not on the cards for you, you can always make a few adjustments to your current home to ensure you get maximum enjoyment in 2016.
Here’s what you should consider first:
- Is your house secure? Make sure your house is secure, not only from thieves and robbers but also from pesky insects. Not all intruders are robbers – snakes, rats and insects can also invade your home. When you’re getting that alarm system put in, make sure you also have quality insect screen doors installed too. Freedom Screens does it best.
- Declutter your home and get rid of unwanted clothes. Make space in your home and your closet for the new things you’ll get this year.
- Save money by shrinking your bills. For example, use blinds to keep your home cool instead of running the airconditioner all day. Another good idea is having screen doors installed so that you can keep your doors and windows opened, allowing a natural breeze to flow through the home.
- Consider an indoor garden or indoor plants. Greenery is the best scenery, people say. Having plants in your home is one of the best ways to enjoy a slice of that. Plants also instantly freshen up any living space and creates a soothing atmosphere.
- Re-arrange your furniture. You don’t need to buy new furniture and appliances just to give your home a fresh look. Simply changing the layout of your living room or dining room can go a long way in refreshing the look of your home.