Home improvement projects can be fun and add value to your home, both monetary value and aesthetic value but done wrong, it home improvement projects can be a nightmare.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind before attempting a home improvement project,
- Before contracting anyone consider the value it will add to the property.
- Take the inconvenience into consideration.
- Find the right contractor, not just the lowest priced one.
- Have the home’s original blueprints to speed the process.
- Have a contract that covers the scope of the work.
- Get the necessary permits for the work.
- Get an itemised estimate to help you budget effectively.
- Never pay in full, upfront.
- Ensure your contractors are insured.
- If you decide to D-I-Y, don’t bite off more than you can chew.