What’s a BBQ without the right BBQ Sauce? Whether you have your own family recipe or your favorite brand that you buy at the grocery store, a good sauce is crucial to a successful barbecue.
Here’s a really good recipe from the UK Food Network for a quick BBQ sauce,
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil, like soy, corn or groundnut
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion,
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 (800g) can whole, peeled tomatoes (with puree), pureed in a blender
- 240ml plus 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200g firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1) Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, cook, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and crushed pepper and cook. Add the tomato paste and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute more.
2) Add the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until deep red and reduced. Add pepper to taste.
For more easy and delicious BBQ recipes to make your next BBQ sparkle visit The Food Network website.