Are you struggling to find the perfect screen for your opening or seemingly difficult door? Retractable screens might be the answer you are looking for. But what are retractable screens, and why should I use them? Here’s everything you need to know about retractable screens.
What is a retractable screen?
Retractable screens are what the name suggests – they retract into a slim canister or housing when not in use. They are very discreet and are great for keeping insects out, as well as protecting from the weather. Retractable screens are commonly used for difficult to screen openings, such as bi-fold doors, stacking doors, or French doors.
Why should I use retractable screens?
- They make it super easy to screen any existing door, including those that a regular fly screen cannot, such as bi-fold, stacking doors or French doors
- You can enjoy an unobstructed view of the outdoors, with the screen retracting away discreetly when not in use
- Increased durability – you can retract the screens when not in use, so they are not constantly subjected to harsh sunlight, weather and dirt
- You can screen large openings with retractable screens – here are Freedom Screens, we offer 6 metres on a single screen, or a span of 13 metres wide with a double-sided unit.
What should I look for in a retractable screen?
- Braking system – at Freedom Screens, our retractable screens have a patented Freedom Brake System which enables the screen to stop safely in any position along the track. This eliminates unsafe spring-backs. No locks or latches are required, the screen simply holds itself in place until stopped.
- Sleek and minimal design – you want to find the screen that offers a stylish and discreet design. We can retrofit retractable screens neatly to your existing opening and can colour match with several finishes and colours available.
Freedom Retractable Screens are the industry leaders of retrofit retractable fly screens, offering the perfect fusion of style and cutting-edge technology for your home. Our screens are engineered to last and are backed by a five-year warranty. Get in contact today to enjoy modern Australian living with Freedom Retractable Screens.